I like to crumble my bacon. Either way, it's outstanding!
"Some Like It Hot" Grilled Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- Miss Mattie's Southern Pimiento Cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 16 sourdough bread slices
- 16 thick applewood-smoked bacon slices, cooked
- Strawberry preserves
- 1. Prepare Miss Mattie's Southern Pimiento Cheese as directed.
- 2. Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Place 8 bread slices, buttered sides down, on a hot griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3. Spread 1/2 cup pimiento cheese over each bread slice on griddle. Top each with 2 cooked bacon slices.
- 4. Place remaining 8 bread slices, buttered sides up, on bacon. Turn sandwiches, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. (Pimiento cheese should be slightly melted.) Serve with strawberry preserves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches