Soft Tacos with Sliced Chiles and Cheese (Rajas Con Queso)
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- 3 fresh poblano chiles (about 10 oz. total)
- 1 white onion (about 1/2 lb.), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound jack cheese, cut into thick slices
- 4 to 6 warm corn or flour tortillas (6 to 7 in. wide)
- 1. Preheat broiler. Put chiles on a baking sheet and broil about 3 in. from heat, turning as needed to char and blister on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Let cool. Discard stems and seeds. Cut chiles into thin strips.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 6- to 8-in. frying pan over medium-high heat, cook onion in butter, stirring often, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in chile strips and top with a layer of cheese slices. Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Scoop hot chile mixture into tortillas.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This