- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 8 soft-shell crabs, dressed
- 3/4 cup Oriental or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice noodles or rice (optional)
How to Make It
Combine milk and eggs in a shallow dish. Add crabs, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Combine broth and next 6 ingredients; set aside.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients.
Drain crabs; dredge in flour mixture.
Sauté crabs in hot oil in a large skillet 2 minutes on each side or until done; drain on paper towels, discarding oil. Wipe skillet clean.
Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 1 minute; stir in cilantro. Serve with crabs over cooked rice noodles, if desired.