Soft-Shell Crab Sandwiches with Spicy Rèmoulade
More From Coastal Living
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 4 soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (6-inch) rolls or baguettes, split and toasted
- Spicy RÃ¨moulade
- Green leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 1. Pour oil to depth of 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch in a large skillet; heat to 375°.
- 2. Whisk together egg and buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Stir together cornmeal mix and seasoning in another shallow bowl.
- 3. Dredge crabs in flour, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture. Cook crabs in hot oil, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4. Spread insides of rolls with Spicy Rèmoulade. Layer with lettuce, tomato slices, and fried crab.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches