This was a simple & delicious soft shell sandwich! I used pan searing flour, Russian rye bread & heirloom tomatoes. Served with zucchini chips, (also CL). I look forward to making this again soon.
Soft-Shell Crab Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 981mg
- Calcium: 211mg
- 4 jumbo soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Lemon Tartar Sauce
- 8 (1-ounce) slices French bread
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices plum tomato
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Rinse crabs; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour and Old Bay seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge each crab in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter begins to brown. Add crabs; cook for 3 minutes, gently pressing body and legs against pan. Turn crabs; cook 3 minutes or until brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Lemon Tartar Sauce over each of 4 bread slices. Top each with 1 crab, 3 tomato slices, and 1 lettuce leaf. Top each with 1 bread slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note