For the finishing touch, serve these pretzels warm from the oven.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25.1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 5mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and salt in a large bowl. Add butter, yeast mixture, and remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, stirring until a soft dough forms.
- 2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 40 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- 3. Punch dough down; divide into 12 equal portions. Cover and let rest 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Shape each portion of dough into an 18-inch rope with tapered ends; twist each rope into a pretzel shape.
- 4. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 5. Combine 4 cups water and baking soda in a large nonaluminum Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add 4 pretzels; cook 1 minute, turning once (do not overcrowd pan). Remove pretzels with a slotted spoon; shake off excess water. Place pretzels on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt evenly over pretzels. Repeat procedure twice with remaining pretzels and salt.
- 6. Bake pretzels at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note