Cooked this last night and it was pretty good! My husband really really liked it, so that's always a success! Will probably double the rub next time and I added Spanish rice. I only had flour tortillas on hand so I made the flour tortillas a little crispy in the oven but next time will make as a burrito or put flour tortilla in a taco pan and make it into a taco salad (with the flour tortillas shape like a taco bowl). I like tacos but don't care for stuff falling out of the tacos. Good go to recipe for every week.
Soft Chicken Tacos
These simply prepared chicken tacos are an example of healthful Mexican cooking and are a way to teach students about grilling techniques, Mexican spices, and basic salsas. Serve with Pico de Gallo or Tomatillo Salsa.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.4g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (such as Tillamook)
- Low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub spice mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; chop.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas; top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons cabbage and 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note