Soft Chicken Tacos
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (such as Tillamook)
- Low-fat sour cream (optional)
- calories 329
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- fat 12.5 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 2.9 g
- protein 27.4 g
- carbohydrate 29.4 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- cholesterol 86 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 466 mg
- calcium 109 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub spice mixture over chicken.
Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; chop.
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas; top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons cabbage and 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Pair these tacos with some fancy guacamole and salsa, and we promise you won't be disappointed. Add pico de gallo, bacon, jalapeño, garlic, salt, pepper, and onions for a deliciously easy guac recipe. There's no need to leave the house and go get Mexican food. You can have your own Mexican night at home.