I actually cheated and used can Salsa, but the black bean mix is delicious and worth doing. You can also substitute other meats.
Soft Black Bean Tostadas
This hearty Mexican meal has countless variations. Prepare the salsa and bean spread separately for snacks, roll the tortillas burrito-style, or make this dish vegetarian-friendly by omitting the chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 410
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 47.7g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 858mg
- Calcium: 264mg
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remaining ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare salsa, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Toss gently, and set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water, lime juice, cumin, salt, ground red pepper, and black beans in a blender; process until smooth.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet, and spread about 1/4 cup black bean mixture evenly over each tortilla. Top each evenly with 1/4 cup chicken and 3 tablespoons cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts and tortilla edges are just beginning to brown.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup salsa, and 2 tablespoons sour cream. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note