Sofrito Fish Cakes with Creamy Chipotle Tartar Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Cooking spray
- 3 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned red snapper, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- To prepare sauce, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare cakes, place green bell pepper and the next 4 ingredients (through onion) in a food processor; pulse until minced. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper mixture; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; cool completely. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Place bread in food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Chop 1 pound of fish into 1/4-inch pieces; place in a large bowl. Chop remaining 1/2 pound fish; place in food processor. Pulse until finely minced; add to chopped fish. Add bell pepper mixture, breadcrumbs, 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, orange rind, and egg whites to fish mixture; stir until well blended.
- Divide fish mixture into 24 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer patties to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat process 3 times with remaining oil and patties. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note