- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Cooking spray
- 3 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned red snapper, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- calories 126
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 3.5 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 13.6 g
- carbohydrate 9.8 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 543 mg
- calcium 46 mg
How to Make It
To prepare sauce, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare cakes, place green bell pepper and the next 4 ingredients (through onion) in a food processor; pulse until minced. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper mixture; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; cool completely. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
Place bread in food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Chop 1 pound of fish into 1/4-inch pieces; place in a large bowl. Chop remaining 1/2 pound fish; place in food processor. Pulse until finely minced; add to chopped fish. Add bell pepper mixture, breadcrumbs, 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, orange rind, and egg whites to fish mixture; stir until well blended.
Divide fish mixture into 24 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer patties to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat process 3 times with remaining oil and patties. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with sauce.