Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 and 1/2 package(s) butter recipe cake mix (Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) Daisy sour cream
- 1/3 cup(s) Wesson Best Blend oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup(s) water or milk
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- Streusel Filling
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter recipe cake mix
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 dash(es) nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) pecans chopped, finely
- 1/3 cup(s) butter, unsalted
- 2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoon(s) hot water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 dash(es) nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Streusel filling: Combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
- Cake: Combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and granulated sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer 4 minutes. Pour two-thirds of batter into pan. Sprinkle with streusel filling. Spoon remaining batter evenly over filling. Bake at 375°F for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- Cinnamon Glaze: Melt butter in a 1 ½-quart saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar. Sugar should look coated and clumpy. Stir in hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until smooth and has the consistency of a thick syrup—usually after 2 tablespoons. Once glaze has preferred consistency add in the cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour glaze on top of cake in circular motion starting in the center and ending on the sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nfulks32 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note