great not fatting
SoCal Veggie Burgers
Pile up your favorite veggie burger patties with lots of vegetables, homemade hummus and slaw, and tuck the works into lettuce "buns." Use extra hummus as a dip for vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 290
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Sodium: 778mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- EDAMAME HUMMUS
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked frozen edamame
- CARROT SLAW
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- BURGERS AND VEGETABLES
- 4 veggie burger patties, such as Amy's Kitchen*
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato, about 1/4 in. thick
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1. Heat a grill to medium (350° to 450°). Make hummus: Whirl garlic, tahini, oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and edamame in a food processor until mostly smooth.
- 2. Make slaw: In a medium bowl, toss carrots with lemon juice, salt, and pepper; let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Make burgers: Brush veggie patties with oil and grill, turning once, until grill marks appear, about 6 minutes.
- 4. Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates. Top each with a veggie burger patty and 2 tbsp. hummus. Divide slaw, tomato, cucumber, and sprouts between burgers and top each with another lettuce leaf.
- *Available at well-stocked grocery stores.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per burger.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine