- EDAMAME HUMMUS
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked frozen edamame
- CARROT SLAW
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- BURGERS AND VEGETABLES
- 4 veggie burger patties, such as Amy's Kitchen*
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato, about 1/4 in. thick
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- calories 290
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 7.8 g
- sodium 778 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill to medium (350° to 450°). Make hummus: Whirl garlic, tahini, oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and edamame in a food processor until mostly smooth.
Make slaw: In a medium bowl, toss carrots with lemon juice, salt, and pepper; let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Make burgers: Brush veggie patties with oil and grill, turning once, until grill marks appear, about 6 minutes.
Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates. Top each with a veggie burger patty and 2 tbsp. hummus. Divide slaw, tomato, cucumber, and sprouts between burgers and top each with another lettuce leaf.
*Available at well-stocked grocery stores.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per burger.