Soba Salad with Grilled Sweet Potato, Eggplant, and Red Pepper
To streamline the preparation, cook the noodles ahead of time, and have the vegetables already marinating in a bag. Another quick tip: Remove the potato slices from the simmering water using a slotted spoon, then return the water to a boil, and use the same pot to cook the soba. Use a spatula to carefully turn the potatoes on the grill so they won't stick.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 439
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Carbohydrate: 80.9g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 259mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices sweet potato (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices eggplant (about 1 medium)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups cooked soba (about 8 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- Place potato slices in a saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine juice and the next 5 ingredients (juice through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add potato slices, eggplant, and bell pepper to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. Remove the vegetables from bag, reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- Place the vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 4 minutes on each side or until done, basting frequently with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Place vegetables on a platter; drizzle with remaining marinade.
- Combine onions and next 5 ingredients (onions through ginger). Place soba in a large bowl, and drizzle with dressing. Serve with vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This