Very good! Highly recommend. Made no changes.
Soba Noodles with Spicy Cumin Lamb
Photo: Jason Wallis; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 45.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 621mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 7 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 9 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse; drain well.
- 2. Combine chicken broth and next 4 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb; cook 2 1/2 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove lamb from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 4. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add oil to drippings in pan; swirl to coat. Add cumin and red pepper; cook 30 seconds or until seeds begin to pop, stirring frequently. Add vegetables to pan; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add lamb and broth mixture; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced. Serve over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This