Truly delicious. We didn't end up using all of the seasoning mixture and it was plenty flavorful. We also happen to not be vegetarian, so I substituted salmon for the tofu. Either way, this was extremely tasty and is something I would have ordered in a restaurant. For being that simple, it is a real keeper.
Soba Noodles with Miso-Glazed Tofu and Vegetables
Soba noodles lose about 80% of their sodium when cooked in unsalted water. Rinse and drain the soba thoroughly after cooking to remove any lingering salt.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 20.1g
- Carbohydrate: 36.8g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
- Sodium: 446mg
- Calcium: 217mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 ounces uncooked organic soba noodles
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon canola oil and next 7 ingredients (through sesame oil) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse. Combine noodles and 1/4 cup miso mixture in a bowl; toss to coat.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Cut tofu crosswise into 4 (1-inch-thick) slices. Add tofu to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add 1 tablespoon miso mixture to pan; toss to coat. Remove tofu from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and asparagus to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 2 tablespoons miso mixture to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions. Arrange 1/2 cup noodle mixture in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture and 1 tofu steak.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note