- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil (available in Asian food stores)
- Dash Chinese hot oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 ounces buckwheat soba noodles (available in Asian food stores
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups slivered cooked chicken (2 large breasts)
- 3 scallions, clean but with tops still attached, cut into thin diagonal slices
How to Make It
In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cool running water, and drain again until dry.
Place noodles in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Let sit 5 minutes. Toss in carrots and chicken. Sprinkle with scallions. Serves 4 to