This recipe is awesome. I'ts been in my rotation for quite a while. I agree with the previous review . . . definitely NOT enough for six. Served 3 oz soba for my husband and I and cut the veggie recipe in half as well. Nix the cucumbers (not a fan). Marinated tuna about 20 minutes in soy sauce, ginger (or ginger juice), sesame oil & lemon juice. Coat tuna with Eden Shake or plain sesame seeds. Also put Eden Shake over pasta. Served with sugar snap & snow peas with radishes.
Soba Noodle Salad with Seared Tuna
Look for Japanese soba noodles in the ethnic-food section of your supermarket.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup noodle mixture, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, 1 tuna piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 6 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat noodles)
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) sushi-grade tuna steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut radishes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Drain; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of tuna with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place tuna in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a platter; cool slightly. Cut tuna into 6 equal pieces.
- Combine noodles, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cucumber, and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss well to combine. Arrange 1 cup noodle mixture onto each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 tuna piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes