This is a great salad! I don't recommend keeping it a second day, though.
Soba Noodle Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Look for soba noodles, often labeled buckwheat noodles, in the Asian section of supermarkets.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 418
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 31.9g
- Carbohydrate: 52.4g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Iron: 5.5mg
- Sodium: 922mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package soba noodles
- 1 1/4 cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped serrano chile
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook noodles in boiling water 7 minutes or until almost al dente. Add soybeans to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Drain. Place noodle mixture in a large bowl. Add carrots, onions, cilantro, and chile; toss.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Add shrimp to noodle mixture.
- Combine orange juice and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over noodle mixture; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads