- 8 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 6 ounces untrimmed mushrooms)
- 1 cup thin orange or red bell pepper strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
How to Make It
Cook noodles in a large Dutch oven according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain mixture; rinse well with cold water. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and garlic; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté 2 minutes; remove from heat.
Whisk together sugar, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add noodles, broccoli, and chicken mixture; toss well to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 bowls; sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.