Yum. DH was less enthused and thought it lacked something. Maybe some lightly steamed broccoli or bean sprouts next time. Very easy to prepare and very pretty on the plate.
Soba Noodle Salad
Look for soba noodles on the Asian food aisle. If you can't find them, you can sub whole-wheat spaghetti (which takes about 10 minutes longer to cook).
More From Cooking Light
Total: 19 Minutes
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Sodium: 221mg
- 4 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-inch-long) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut snow peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Cook soba according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, dark sesame oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add noodles, red bell pepper, snow peas, and green onions; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note