This was quick, easy, and very tasty! Served with panko-crusted cod as suggested. I felt that another ingredient or two could bump this up a notch to a five star. Might try bean sprouts as someone suggested; also thought about cucumber, carrot, and basil. Even as is I would definitely make this again.
Soba Noodle Salad
Look for soba noodles on the Asian food aisle. If you can't find them, you can sub whole-wheat spaghetti (which takes about 10 minutes longer to cook).
More From Cooking Light
Total: 19 Minutes
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Sodium: 221mg
- 4 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-inch-long) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut snow peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Cook soba according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, dark sesame oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add noodles, red bell pepper, snow peas, and green onions; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note