Soba Noodle Salad
Notes: Wasabi powder adds a little heat to this dressing. Look for it in the spice or ethnic-food section of the supermarket or in Asian markets.
Yield: Makes 2 or 3 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 480
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 914mg
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder (optional; see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups protein (choose 1 item from
- 3 cups vegetables (choose 2 to 5 items from
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse gently under cold running water until cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix rice vinegar, sesame oil. soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi, if using. Pour about half the dressing into a small container; cover and reserve. Add noodles to large bowl and mix to coat; cover and chill until cold, about 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
- 3. Just before serving, add protein, vegetables, and reserved dressing to noodles; mix to coat.
- Protien Options: Sliced tofu, shredded chicken, cooked shrimp
- Vegetable Options: Baby spinach leaves, sliced green onions, orange segments, slivered Napa cabbage, shredded carrots, snow peas, thinly sliced red or yellow bell peppers, sliced cucumbers, broccoli florets
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note