- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder (optional; see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups protein (choose 1 item from
- 3 cups vegetables (choose 2 to 5 items from
- calories 480
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- protein 33 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 64 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- sodium 914 mg
- cholesterol 63 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse gently under cold running water until cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix rice vinegar, sesame oil. soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi, if using. Pour about half the dressing into a small container; cover and reserve. Add noodles to large bowl and mix to coat; cover and chill until cold, about 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
Just before serving, add protein, vegetables, and reserved dressing to noodles; mix to coat.
Protien Options: Sliced tofu, shredded chicken, cooked shrimp
Vegetable Options: Baby spinach leaves, sliced green onions, orange segments, slivered Napa cabbage, shredded carrots, snow peas, thinly sliced red or yellow bell peppers, sliced cucumbers, broccoli florets