So-Quick Seafood Chowder
More From Southern Living
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen orange roughy fillets, thawed
- 1/2 (24-ounce) package frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- Garnish: fresh dill sprig
- Cut fish fillets into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring hash browns and 1 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk and next 5 ingredients; return to a boil. Add fish and pimiento; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien and Hormel Real Bacon Bits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews