So-Easy Chocolate Soufflés
This dessert recipe is a show-stopper at dinner parties, but just as delicious for an easy family night at home.
Before cooking, run your thumb around edges of ramekins or measuring cups (see step 3) to help the soufflés rise higher.
More From Southern Living
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar
- 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1. Grease bottom and sides of 4 (6-oz.) ramekins or 4 (1-cup) stainless steel dry measuring cups evenly with butter. Lightly coat bottom and sides with sugar, shaking out excess. Place cups on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. Microwave chocolate and jam in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals until melted. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir about one-third of egg whites into chocolate mixture. Fold chocolate mixture into remaining egg whites. Spoon evenly into ramekins. Run tip of thumb around edges of each ramekin, wiping clean and creating a shallow indentation around outside edge of egg mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until soufflés rise and begin to brown on top.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note