everyone went nuts over this! even those who didn't care for cherry! very easy to make also.
So-Easy Cherry-Fudge Cake
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 4 ingredients at low speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 20 seconds; increase speed to medium, and beat 1 minute. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 27 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 3. Bring sugar, milk, and butter to a boil in a heavy 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate morsels until melted and smooth. Quickly spread frosting over warm cake. Cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix and Comstock Original Country Cherry Pie Filling or Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note