Love this recipe! I'm Armenian and this is the best I've had. I pretty much double the spices and it turns out delish!
So Amazing Armenian Lula Kebabs
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 383mg
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- 3 pounds ground lamb or sirloin
- 1 large yellow onion, very finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using your hands, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl just until combined (overmixing may toughen the meat).
- 2. Gently squeeze meat around 10-in. metal skewers to form log-shaped kebabs, each about 8 in. long. Put kebabs on baking sheet. Cover sheet with plastic wrap and, if you have time, chill 30 minutes to let flavors meld and firm up meat.
- 3. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds) and grill kebabs, turning twice, until grill marks appear and meat feels firm, 8 minutes total. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Make ahead: Make kebabs through step 2 and chill up to 1 day ahead.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This