- 3 pounds ground lamb or sirloin
- 1 large yellow onion, very finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- calories 326
- caloriesfromfat 58 %
- protein 27 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 8.7 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- sodium 383 mg
- cholesterol 125 mg
How to Make It
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using your hands, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl just until combined (overmixing may toughen the meat).
Gently squeeze meat around 10-in. metal skewers to form log-shaped kebabs, each about 8 in. long. Put kebabs on baking sheet. Cover sheet with plastic wrap and, if you have time, chill 30 minutes to let flavors meld and firm up meat.
Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds) and grill kebabs, turning twice, until grill marks appear and meat feels firm, 8 minutes total. Sprinkle with parsley.
Make ahead: Make kebabs through step 2 and chill up to 1 day ahead.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.