This recipe is so yummy. I omitted the water and substituted diced tomatoes for the tomato paste. I also only used 2 cups of tomato sauce and 1 cup of onions and added fresh diced peppers. If you like chili that's a little sweet you'll probably like this recipe. I served over rice with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
Snowy Day Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef or venison
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 cups canned or handmade tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
- Chili powder to taste
- Optional: hot pepper sauce to taste
- Garnish: shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped onion, sour cream, corn chips
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, brown meat; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except garnish.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Snowy Day Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews