- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- Fresh whole strawberries
- Custard Sauce
- Soften gelatin in cold water in a medium mixing bowl; add boiling water; stir until gelatin dissolves. Add sugar, and stir until sugar dissolves. Let cool 15 minutes. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until soft peaks form. Gently fold into lemon mixture. Spoon into a 1-quart serving dish, and refrigerate until firm.
- Garnish pudding with strawberries. Spoon pudding into individual serving bowls, and serve with chilled Custard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note