Old fashioned cookies dusted with cinnamon sugar - crisp exterior with soft, chewy interior
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 12 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) softened
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon for rolling cookies
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Cook 9-11 minutes
- Whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, beat at low speed until just combined ~20 secs
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in shallow bowl. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake until edges are set and centers soft and puffy.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2-3 minutes then transfer to cooling rack
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JackieMurphy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note