1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream butter flavored Crisco, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1" balls.
4. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll balls of dough in mixture. (Hint: sugar mixture can be put in zip-lock plastic bag. Put 2 to 3 dough balls at a time in bag. Shake to sugar coat dough). Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 8 miutes. Remove to cooling rack.
Colored Sugar Variation: Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon to flour mixture. For coating, instead of cinnamon and sugar mixture, combine 3 tablespoons colored sugar with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar.
Go to full version of