Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter flavored Crisco
- 2 cup(s) sugar divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Cream butter flavored Crisco, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- 3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1" balls.
- 4. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll balls of dough in mixture. (Hint: sugar mixture can be put in zip-lock plastic bag. Put 2 to 3 dough balls at a time in bag. Shake to sugar coat dough). Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 8 miutes. Remove to cooling rack.
- Colored Sugar Variation: Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon to flour mixture. For coating, instead of cinnamon and sugar mixture, combine 3 tablespoons colored sugar with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tjcavallucci and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Snickerdoodle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes