Very good & Easy! Have made twice and the 2nd time used 1/2 the chicken, mushrooms, and onions and still had leftovers for the 2 of us!
Snappy Smothered Chicken
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-oz.) package wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (16-oz.) package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together paprika, dried thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and mushrooms, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and paprika mixture; sauté 2 minutes. Add soup, milk, and, if desired, wine, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add chicken pieces; spoon sauce over top of chicken. Reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated. Stir in 1 Tbsp. parsley. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes