- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced plum tomato (about 2)
- 3/4 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- calories 263
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 37 g
- carbohydrate 8.6 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 444 mg
- calcium 78 mg
How to Make It
Sprinkle salt over fillets. Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off excess.
Heat 4 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done.
Combine remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, tomato, clam juice, peas, 2 tablespoons mint, juice, and oregano in pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon about 1/4 cup broth mixture into each of 4 bowls, and top each serving with 1 fillet. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons mint.
Sustainable Choice: At the seafood counter, look for Hawaiian gray snapper or Northwest Hawaiian ruby snapper.