Snap Pea and Pea Shoot Stir-Fry with Gingery Orange Sauce
Asian flavorings elevate a summer veggie side dish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, and stir well with a whisk.
- 2. Heat a wok or large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add bell pepper and peas; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in juice mixture; cook 1 minute or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Top with pea shoots. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Snap Pea and Pea Shoot Stir-Fry with Gingery Orange Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This