More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 721
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 3 (1 lb.) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 green, pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (12 oz.) jars roasted red and yellow peppers, in oil
- 3 large celery ribs, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cups pitted black and green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces arugula
- 1 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 pounds fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 large red pepper, for tongue
- 1. Cover a large (12-by-18-by-2-inch) baking pan with parchment; dust lightly with cornmeal. On a floured surface, combine dough and form a long, curvy snake shape; place on pan. Push two olives into head for eyes. Cut V-shaped scales down back. Brush dough with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake until crust is golden, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.
- 2. Remove roasted peppers from jars and set aside. Add olive oil to oil from peppers to make 1 cup. Combine oil, celery, olives, capers and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- 3. Slice loaf horizontally. Place bottom half on tray; arrange arugula leaves on it. Layer on prosciutto and mozzarella, top with roasted red peppers. Spoon on olive relish and replace top.
- 4. Cut a forked tongue shape from red pepper and place at head.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches