Smothered Pork Chops and Potatoes
More From Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1/2 inch thick (1 1/4 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 2 1/2 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien with onions and peppers (from 28-oz bag), thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add pork chops to bacon fat in skillet over medium heat. Cook pork 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Remove pork from skillet; set aside. Stir in cooking sauce, potatoes, 1/4 cup of the green onions and the cream; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Return pork to skillet. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until pork is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smothered Pork Chops and Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes Like This