- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1/2 inch thick (1 1/4 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 2 1/2 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien with onions and peppers (from 28-oz bag), thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
How to Make It
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet.
Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add pork chops to bacon fat in skillet over medium heat. Cook pork 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Remove pork from skillet; set aside. Stir in cooking sauce, potatoes, 1/4 cup of the green onions and the cream; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Return pork to skillet. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until pork is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining green onions.