Smothered Pork Chops
- 3 piece(s) Bone in Pork Chop Marinading overnight
- 1 tablespoon(s) Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) Thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) Garlic Salt
- 2 cup(s) Chicken broth 2 cubes nuked in microwave
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced thin
- 1 package(s) Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Green Onion Sliced Green and White parts
- 3 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/4 stick(s) Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup(s) White cooking wine
- Combine all spices with 1 tsp of olive oil and the pork chops. Sprinkle Worschestershire Sauce onto chops and refrigerate overnight covered in the fridge.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Turn heat down to medium and add pork chops, searing on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Add onion, mushrooms and green onion and cook until onions are just translucent and softening. Remove everything from the cast iron to another dish.
- Add butter to the same skillet (do not rinse). Add flour and stir until a paste forms from the mixture. This should be done over low-medium heat. Slowly add chicken broth and stir continuously while the sauce thickens. Add white wine and turn the sauce down to low and add chops and veggie mixture to the sauce, coating the chops well.
- Place the entire skillet into the oven and bake on 350 for about 15-20 minutes until pork chops are cooked through and tender. Stir the sauce and spoon over the chops a couple of times during cooking.
- Serve over white rice or wild rice with veggies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Catmndu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note