Not particularly flavorful.
Smothered Pepper Steak
To capture all of its saucy flavor, plate this quick weeknight family favorite over hot cooked rice.
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 18.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 785mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 (4-ounce) ground sirloin patties
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen bell pepper stir-fry (such as Birds Eye)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil, and olive oil (such as Hunt's), undrained
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge sirloin patties in flour; sprinkle patties evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Coat patties with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Add stir-fry, tomatoes, and soy sauce to meat in pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until meat is done and pepper mixture is slightly thick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note