My husband enjoyed this except that he wanted ALOT more onions.
Smothered Liver And Onions
- 1 pound thinly sliced calves' liver
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1 cup water
- Sprinkle liver with salt and pepper; dredge in flour. Set aside.
- Sauté onions in hot bacon drippings in a large skillet until tender. Remove onions, reserving bacon drippings in skillet.
- Cook liver in drippings over medium heat until browned on both sides; top with onion slices. Add water. Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until liver is no longer pink.
- Transfer liver and onion slices to a warm serving platter; pour pan liquid over top. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This