This recipe is in my (very large) recipe rotation. I make it a couple times a year or so, always easy and dependable.
Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken
Whole green chiles hug the chicken thighs and impart a mild, roasted flavor to both the meat and broth. The chiles used in this recipe come 3 per 4-ounce can.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 301
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 34.1g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 574mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- 8 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 canned whole green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Arrange chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish; squeeze lime juice evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
- 3. Slice chiles lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat. Place 1 chile over each chicken thigh. Cover dish with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chiles and chicken; bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This