Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken
- 8 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 canned whole green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 301
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- fat 15 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 5.5 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 34.1 g
- carbohydrate 4.7 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 120 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 574 mg
- calcium 116 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish; squeeze lime juice evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
Slice chiles lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat. Place 1 chile over each chicken thigh. Cover dish with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chiles and chicken; bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.