Smothered green beans, potatoes and tomatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slice(s) center cut bacon
- 1 pound(s) fresh green beans cut in 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 pound(s) red potato cut in 1" cubes
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint(s) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1. Brown bacon in dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside for later. Drain all but 1 T. bacon drippings. Turn heat down to medium-low and add onion and garlic; cook until onions start to brown, stirring frequently. Add potato and cook 10-15 minutes, until color starts to develop on potatoes.
- 2. Add green beans, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until beans and potatoes are soft and liquid cooks down a bit. Sprinkle with bacon when ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenniferM and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smothered green beans, potatoes and tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables