Agree. Sometimes we need something quick, easy and tasty to make on a Sunday morning. And this fits the bill. I served it with Texas toast and fried eggs. And I will be making it again.
Smothered-Covered Hash Browns
Pressing down firmly on hash browns with a spatula will help keep them from falling apart.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 American cheese slices
- Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon hot vegetable oil over medium heat 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together onion, hash browns, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop hash brown mixture into 3 1/2-inch rounds. Cook, in batches, 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned, adding remaining oil as necessary. Press down with a spatula to flatten; top each round with a cheese slice. Cook 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Smothered-Covered Hash Browns Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch