Yield: Makes 2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 18 Minutes
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 chocolate nuggets
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1. Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to egg mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until done. Quickly insert a chocolate nugget into center of each warm cupcake; top each with 4 to 5 marshmallows, gently pressing into melted chocolate. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hershey's Nuggets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note