- 4 small avocados, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 large shallots, peeled
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make It
Mash avocados and lime juice together in a medium bowl. Stir in sour cream, vinegar, and salt. Chill.
Brush vegetables with oil, and place in a grill basket, if desired.
Grill vegetables, without grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 minutes on each side. Remove vegetables; cool. Remove seeds from jalapeño peppers. Chop vegetables; stir into avocado mixture. Cover and chill, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.