- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup Mexican beer
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium-size green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package dried lima beans
- l large onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups unsalted chicken cooking stock
- 2 1/2 cups 1/2-inch peeled sweet potato cubes
- Garnishes: green onions, cilantro, sweet mini pepper slices
How to Make It
Season turkey with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sauté turkey in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer mixture to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
Add tomato paste to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 30 seconds. Add beer, and bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Boil 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced by half; stir into turkey mixture. Add beans and next 8 ingredients; stir in stock. Cover and cook on HIGH 7 hours. Stir in sweet potatoes; cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
We tested with Modelo Especial beer and Swanson Unsalted Chicken Cooking Stock.